Our Building Faith@Home group (for 5-11 year olds) meets on Sundays afternoons via on Zoom. We’ll explore a bible story, often using fun craft/activities and then think about how it helps us to follow Jesus. If you have primary aged kids who’d like to join us, or to join our mailing list, please get in touch : email@example.com
At this time, we are sadly unable to provide kids work during our services, but we are keeping this under review and will re-start our kids groups when we can.
We want to encourage you as families to use the lockdown as a time to seek God together, growing in your understanding of what it means to be followers of Jesus and know the transforming work of the Holy Spirit amongst you. It will be difficult but we are not alone. We do not fight this battle in our our strength but through the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit.
The Kid’s Work Team
Links to more Kid’s Work resources :
- The Baptist Union has a variety of online resources and links for families here
- Premier Youth & Children’s Work has links to a variety of resources for Christian families here – plus they also have some great articles on different challenges facing families as we stay in our homes.
- Here’s a link to Mr Phil TV (producer of Veggie tales) which is a great resource for families with pre-school and primary aged children. When you sign up it’s free for the first 14 days and then about £4/month. You could use these resources during the week.
- Why not try “The Wingfeather Saga” books by Andrew Peterson – there’s also live readings available on social media at the moment via links on the page.
- Check out ‘Faith in Kids’. They have podcasts for both kids and parents to listen to which help develop and grow faith in your kids and in you as parents.
- If you’re on Facebook, we highly recommend tuning into Jeni Gill’s weekly videos – jgtherapy – she’s a drama therapist who used to be part of BBC.
- During the Easter Period you could make use of some amazing resources created by a lady called Jess who has formed ‘together at home ‘ in response to families being at home at this time. Do check out her website for more ideas.
- The week after Easter, Spring Harvest are airing their meetings on Youtube for anyone to participate. This will include kids activities too. Do watch this clip which has further info on how to access.